With the mounting costs of daily life, such as inflation, petrol, etc. it’s nice to know there is some light at the end of the tunnel – battery powered light!
South Africans, near the end of 2010, should be able to get their hands on their own Electric Vehicle (EV), aptly named, Joule.
A few key facts are as follows:
- Aprox. price range R200-250k
- 6 seater MPV
- Top speed of about 130km/h
- Maximum range of about 200km (double distance with extra battery pack)
- Charging time of around 7 hours (220V AC)
- Normal safety features expected in MPVs
- Available in front-wheel or four-wheel drive option
- Zero emmisions